Dental Partners does not disclose personal medical information and ensures that its practices and standards comply with HIPAA and other applicable federal and state laws and regulations. Dental Partners will work with appropriate regulatory and accreditation agencies to ensure consistency between company policies and HIPAA. In addition, when there is a difference between state and federal regulations, we will always uphold the privacy standard that provides the most protection.
Anonymous Website Traffic Data:
Whenever you access any website, your web browser transmits some information to the server hosting the website. We may automatically collect, track and log this anonymous traffic data when you use the website. “Anonymous traffic data” means information that does not personally identify you. For example, we may collect information concerning the number of visitors to our website each day, what time of day visitors access our website, which pages these visitors view, which Internet service providers (ISPs) these visitors use and what search terms visitors use with our website’s search feature. We are not able to tie any of this information to specific individuals. Anonymous traffic data is helpful for marketing, improving, administering and analyzing usage of the website.
- Measure usage of various pages on our website to help us make our information more pertinent to your needs and easy for you to access; and
- Provide functionality such, as online appointment scheduling, bill paying and other functionality that may be of interest and value to you.
Personal Information Received:
We may receive personal medical and financial information about patients from the following sources:
- Applications, consents, authorizations and other forms provided by you, or your authorized representative;
- Documentation collected during your care (test results, physician orders, etc.);
- Billing and payment transactions (such as claims submission with insurance companies and payment) with us, our affiliates or others; and
- Outside sources pertaining to your care or coverage, such as health care providers, insurance companies and federal and state agencies.
Our policy restricts access of your personal information to employees who have a need to know, as permitted by law. We maintain physical, electronic and procedural safeguards that comply with legal requirements to protect your non-public personal medical and financial information. Dental Partners has undertaken an initiative to educate its officers, employees, volunteers and others about HIPAA compliance. This training includes an annual refresher course in privacy and confidentiality.
Use of Individually Identifiable Health Information:
We use medical and financial information to provide and facilitate treatment, collect payment for services and conduct health care operations. Dental Partners may, as permitted by law, make discretionary public health disclosures of protected health information if, in its judgment, public safety is believed to be at risk. Dental Partners may use medical and financial data for purposes of contacting you to provide information about health-related benefits and services that may be of interest to you. We may use or disclose your health information to provide you with appointment reminders (such as voicemail, text messages, postcards, or letters). We will not use your health information for marketing communications without your written authorization.